Search Results

John Houck Represented by Jessica Silverman

Sunday, June 3rd, 2018

John Houck Now Represented by Marianne Boesky

Friday, September 22nd, 2017

New York – John Houck: “A History of Graph Paper” at On Stellar Rays Through October 27th, 2013

Wednesday, October 9th, 2013

AO Preview – Mexico City: Visual Art Week; Zona Maco and others, February 8th – 12th, 2017

Monday, February 6th, 2017

New York – “Fixed Variable” Group Show at Hauser and Wirth Through July 25th, 2014

Wednesday, July 9th, 2014
Global contemporary art events and news observed from New York City. Suggestion? Email us.
NEWS

Barbara Kruger to Reprise MOCA LA Installation

October 19th, 2018

Barbara Kruger at MOCA, via LA TimesBarbara Kruger will reprise her iconic installation Untitled (Questions) on the facade of LA’s Geffen Contemporary, the LA Times reports. “People in this city didn’t realize what a gem this building was,” Kruger says of the space. “It was able to shape-shift and be altered in brute, really material ways. It wasn’t a precious over-designed museum.”
Read More »

Documenta 14 Obelisk to Stay on View in Kassel

October 19th, 2018

Olu Oguibe, Monument for Strangers and Refugees, 2017Kassel’s controversial obelisk sculpture, installed during Documenta 14 last year, Monument to Strangers and Refugees by artist Olu Oguibe, will remain on view permanently in the city, following protests, defacement, and a temporary removal at the beginning of the month.  “There was no way that I could possibly agree with, or approve of, or be party to the removal of the obelisk from the Königsplatz, and it is my hope that the ugly event of October 3 will give Kassel’s leaders cause to revisit the violence that they’ve repeatedly done to artists’ works and visions, and finally put in place a decent policy to avoid such violence in the future,” the artist said in a statement.
Read More »

New York Museums Cease Use of Saudi Funds for Programs

October 19th, 2018

Met Museum, via NYtThe Met and The Brooklyn Museum will reportedly halt the use of Saudi Arabian money for programs on Middle Eastern art, support coming from groups tied to the Saudi government. The move comes after the disappearance of journalist Jamal Khashoggi after entering the Saudi embassy in Turkey. “While this conversation and a subsequent public colloquium were to be supported by external funds, in light of recent developments we have decided that the Museum will itself fund this event,” says Met President Daniel Weiss.
Read More »

REFERENCE LIBRARY